"Big Shot In The Dark"
IRS Music Inc
- Electric and acoustic guitars, vocals, harmonica, "Amusing lute", soundbites
Barbara K MacDonald
- Electric guitar, vocals, violin, programming, percussion
- Drums, percussion, claps
- Bass, steel drums, keyboard, percussion, claps, background vocals
John "Mambo" Treanor
- Washboard (on "Two Medicines", "The Border Crossing", and "'49 Plymouth")
- Organ (on "God Made An Angel")
- Overdrive lead & slide guitars (on "Mudflap Girl")
- additional soundbites
Barbara K. MacDonald
God Made An Angel [4:35]
Two Medicines [3:12]
The Border Crossing [4:35]
Big Shot in the Dark [6:33]
Mudflap Girl [4:50]
Dis***land (Was Made For You & Me) [3:58]
Wake Up Little Darlin' [2:44]
'49 Plymouth [4:46]
The Little Things [3:45]
Sunshine (Instrumental) [4:41]
From Two Medicines
Two medicines are all we really need.
Two medicines - effectiveness guaranteed.
They aid communication, make for better sex.
You can mix the two together with no bad side effects.
Two medicines to help you through the years - laughter and tears.
On this, their fourth album, Timbuk3 shockingly departs from their well-rooted style and adds (drum roll) a bass player and drummer!
And what a good move it was!
The sound is fuller and more complete.
There's even a steel drum version of "Sunshine"; I love steel drums.
All the Timbuk3 signatures are here: wit ("God Made An Angel"), humor ("Mud Flap Girl"), good philosophical advice ("Two Medicines"), and uplifting melodies ("49 Plymouth", "Sunshine", and "The Little Things).
This is the new-and-improved Timbuk3.
Love the perfect match between the album cover photo and the album title, too.
Last update: 2002-Dec-02
This site is not run by Timbuk3, but by their biggest fan.
Email me at robertoD@Timbuk3Music.com